Opened in 1942 as Charleston's premier movie house, the American Theater's regal Art Deco architecture and timeless Hollywood glamour make this sophisticated event venue worthy of red carpets and dazzling marquees.
It’s no surprise that one of the country’s most beloved and historic cities is home to an Art Deco gem like The American Theater. Today, this stylish event venue on Upper King Street sets the stage for life’s greatest scenes, from weddings and dinner receptions to business seminars and corporate retreats. Entertain a crowd beneath the handmade milk-glass chandeliers of the grand ballroom, or treat your guests to a private film screening inside our quintessential, stadium-seat cinema.
- 8,000 square feet of event space
- Fully equipped cinema with stadium seating
- State-of-the-art A/V equipment
- Luxurious ballroom complete with entertainment stage
- Expansive lobby and concessions area ideal for pre-event festivities
- Intimate lounge with bar
- Vintage exterior marquee
- Wireless Internet throughout the property
- Handicap accessible