Surrounded by 14 acres of live oak groves and peaceful river views, downtown Charleston's last great waterfront estate has enchanted visitors to this idyllic setting for more than four centuries.
Lowndes Grove stands proudly along the oak-lined banks of the Ashley River. Distinguished on the National Register for Historic Places, this beautifully restored estate offers an unparalleled backdrop for one-of-a-kind meetings, weddings, corporate receptions and private celebrations. The Main House showcases 1786-era architecture with period furnishings, an expansive piazza, grand lawn and sunlit terraces made of bluestone, brick and oyster tabby. Within this relaxed and refined setting, the scenic beauty of the Lowcountry unfolds with panoramic sunset views along the waterfront.
- Picturesque waterfront venue on the Charleston peninsula
- Circa 1786 architecture with period furnishings
- Grand lawn with Main House backdrop
- Formal dining room ideal for intimate dinners and meetings
- Glass-enclosed portico
- 750-square-foot piazza overlooking the river and oak grove
- Unrivalled coastal views from private dock extending 700 feet into the Ashley River
- Multiple spaces for flexible, creative event planning
- Elegant décor from casual to lavish that complements occasions of every style and scale
- On-site parking
- Wireless internet throughout