Sweeping ballrooms, lush private grounds and open-air piazzas make this historic 1807 mansion one of Charleston’s most sought-after venues for weddings and once-in-a-lifetime occasions.
A seamless blend of 18th-century charm and modern sophistication, The William Aiken House welcomes guests into a peaceful retreat just inside its stately gates on Upper King Street. Formal dining rooms and parlors showcase a collection of museum-caliber artwork and antiques, while a two-century-old magnolia tree is the centerpiece of sunlit courtyards, manicured lawns and an elegant pergola.
- Up to 500 guests
- Distinguished as a National Historic Landmark
- Private gardens and two spacious courtyards for outdoor entertaining
- Elegant pergola and reflection pool
- First and second floor ballrooms with expansive outdoor covered piazzas
- Two formal dining rooms, an elegant drawing room and gentleman’s study
- Two guest suites in a beautifully restored, Gothic-style carriage house
- Wireless Internet throughout the property
- Handicap accessible